Forum Discussion

Sonador_28_1978
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Sep 09, 2024

Network failover - peer-offline

Hello,

I think I'll need advices or at least some opinions, here... On the cluster of F5 we manage, the secondary node passed master, one month ago. Besides, I see, in the GUI, the button "force failover" is greyzed. So Impossible to make a failover from that. But.. Maybe I could force it in CLI... I am not yet sure. I didn't try that, for now (it is not our cluster, so... I must be careful). Anyway... when I have made tests on the clusters, I found that : 

show cm failover-status

--------------------

Status   STANDBY (...)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

adress IP1:1026  nodename_Sec 0         1            -                     Error

adress IP21026  nodename_Sec 0         1            -                     Error

adress IP3:1026  nodename_Sec  30334301  3            2024-Sep-09 16:48:55  Ok 

(PS. I do not indicate the real address / node name, of course, here...)

# show /cm traffic-group (...)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

traffic-group-1           nodename_Pri  standby  true    false     -

traffic-group-1           nodename_Sec  active   false   false     peer-offline

# show /sys failover

Failover active for 35d 04:03:10

Well, there is 3 address used for the configSync. The 2 first one are self IPs. They are configured with a port lockdown "none". Normally, it is not correct, that is ok, I know it. It should be configured on "default" or "allow all". BUT the management IP work well, obviously. We have a status "ok" for this one. So... Basically, I should be able to make a "failover, in that case, In first view. Except no. Because the button "force failover" is grey. 

However, I see too the "peer offline" with my cmd "show /cm traffic-group". 

That means I should be in that situation : https://my.f5.com/s/article/K000137178.

But... the "network -pan" doesn't show me any "sod off". So, I am not sure of that, after all.

So, 

1/ Do you know if the fact I see the "peer-offline" explain, itself, why my button "force failover" is grey ?

2/ The fact we have only the management IP usable for the configSync is functionnal, according to you ? Could it explain too all the problem ?

3/ I do not see "sod off" with a "netstat -pan" (Cf. the Kb I shared her above). In despite of that, do you think I should restart the sod ?

Brief, is someone knew a similar situation and would have an opinion or a suggestion about it, please ? 

Have a nice day end!

Best regards,

Christian

No RepliesBe the first to reply