Forum Discussion

eLeCtRoN
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Aug 05, 2024

F5 Reverse Proxy

Hello, we have an public host for example outlook.foo.bar.de/owa with a vaild certificate, the cert should hold the VIP and than we would like to access the internal backend system they provide outlook.test.local/owa, access has to be work without any certificate issues and the host should not change in the browser, the user should think he is on outlook.foo.bar.de/owa ! So I think we need in the client ssl profile the cert for outlook.foo.bar.de and in the server ssl profile the outlook.test.local correct ? But I think I need for that an iRule to change the host header, to mask the host in the browser and so on ? Is there a example iRule for such a scenario? 

kind regards

2 Replies

eLeCtRoN
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus

Hello, read my question again, why from IP address to an FQDN ? I have a VIP the VIP has in the DNS outlook.foo.bar.de with a vaild certificate, so the cert hold the VIP and in the backend we have the internal backend systems they provide outlook.test.local/owa, with a vaild cert, what I want to know is how should I configure an iRule so that the user always se inside the broweser just outlook.foo.bar.de/owa and not a redirect to outlook.test.local/owa !!! And is it correct that I have to configure ssl client profile with the cert outlook.foo.bar.de and the server ssl profile with outlook.test.local ? An example iRule would be great