Forum Discussion

Nick_T_68319
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Mar 07, 2012

vCMP on Viprion 2400

I am retiring some of our 6900's and 3600's to migrate to a Viprion 2400. Does anyone use vCMP yet? If you virtualize the instances, is the performance less than not virtualizing the instances? Has vCMP been out long enough that you would feel comfortable running production on it? I'm just looking for some actual real life user feedback on it.

23 Replies

• Can someone shed some light here.

Version 11.4

http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip_ltm/manuals/product/tmos-implementations-11-4-0/13.html

Version 11.1

http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip_ltm/manuals/product/ltm-implementations-11-1-0/11.html

The procedures on these articles don't show the steps to achieve this

Technically what I am trying to achieve is assigning a VLAN to a Route Domain on a vCMP Guest Partition other than the "Common"

Currently, any VLAN created on the vCMP host, once assigned to the vCMP Guest, it automatically goes to the partition "Common". How do you assign a VLAN or create a VLAN on a partition so it can be assigned to a Route Domain on that Partition to avoid the error below?

General error: 01070726:3: Route domain /PArtitionA/RD1 can only reference (VLAN) /Common/VCMP_1-VLAN in the same partition or if the route domain is in the Common partition in statement [SET TRANSACTION END]
  • We re-built on v11/vCMP as well. We had numerous boxes running v10. We pre-created the VIP's with ARP disabled and manually re-created all configuration on the VIPRION platform. Once we were ready to migrate, we simply disabled ARP on the older BIG-IP boxes, and enabled ARP for the virtual address on the vCMP guest.

Josh

VFB
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
      Just curious but how many VCMP guests can you build out on a viprion? It doesn't show in the datasheets from F5. Maybe I overlooked it but I find it rather odd that they left it out.