Forum Discussion

Aug 27, 2024

Sync-Failover issue

Dears,

i make a configuration for HA between two boxes and they sync the configuration normally, but when I try to add a new floating IP I face this issue 

and this is because the VLAN name is different on the two boxes, is there any way to solve this issue without deleting the vlan and configuring it again , as this will affect all my configuration 

• As per my exp, It is by design the VLAN name cannot rename once it is created, all other parameters and options of the VLAN can be changed. The name is used as a fixed reference point for the VLAN allowing it to be referenced, thus changing the name would lose the reference to this specific VLAN. Only option to modify vlan name in config file & reload it. Or as you mentioned, we have to delete and config again .

Amr_Ali
      Icon for MVP rankMVP

how i can make this from config file , just i need the steps

Amr_Ali
      Icon for MVP rankMVP

and if change the name in config file , is that applicable in rseries

• i am not tried or done that in device. 

The recommended way is to delete the VLAN and re-create it again.

But You could go into the configuration files and change the name and reload the configuration from the files. But then you need to edit the name on all places where it is used. You can try if needed. but always best and better way is deleting the VLAN and re-create it again.