Forum Discussion

Dec 17, 2013

node disabled even though monitor green

BIG-IP 11.4.0 Build 2384.0 Final

Pool is green, monitor is green, but in "Members" the single pool node is black : "Available (Disabled) - Pool member is available, monitor disabled"

If I select radio button "Enabled (All traffic allowed)" and click "Apply" , it doesn't stick -- it immediately reverts to radio button "Disabled (Only persistent or active connections allowed)".

This used to be working. Nothing was changed, either in the pool or the monitor.

Richard__Harlan
    Historic F5 Account

If the node is disable you need to goto the node itself and re enable it. If you try to re enable on the pool member then it will not work.

• The node needs to be enabled to have this node specified in all the pools to be in enabled state. Go to nodes tab and enable it.

• Turns out the node was black because the monitor had values set for both Receive String and Receive Disable String. I blanked-out Receive Disable String and the problem went away. In response to Send String, the node was returning Receive String. I don't understand why setting Receive Disable String would cause the node to go black -- but testing shows this to be the mechanism in effect.