Forum Discussion

Nandhi
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Jul 15, 2024

JRE unsupported version

Hi All,

The tanable scan identified that current F5 firmware (16.x and 17.x) have unsupported version of Oracle Java runtime environment which is 2.6.14.8.e17_5-i386.

Is there any relevant CVE for this vulnerability? I searched throughout forum but no linked CVEs. Does F5 have any plans to include upgraded support version in base OS? Thanks in advance.

https://www.tenable.com/plugins/nessus/64816

Regards, 

3 Replies

• Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the reply. JRE is third party software for F5 and it is end support since 2022. Any idea which oracle Java version currently under support? I understand that if it's out of date also F5 can continue their technical support. But the remediation or F5 explanation about this should be required to submit for whitelist.

Lucas_Thompson
      Icon for Employee rankEmployee

We can definitely develop a KB article about this issue based on feedback from the product development and management team so we can have some official (not community forum) statement on it.

Please open a support case referring to this forum thread to get the KB article process started.

• In this case the scanner is missing some information. This exact version is supported by F5, as it's a component of BIG-IP TMOS. F5 fully supports all software components present in supported versions of BIG-IP.