Forum Discussion

Feb 28, 2024
Solved

i5800 unbundle interfaces so i can use it as a single interface

Hi,
I am setting up F5 HA pairs but have this challenge that in new i5800 we have 40G interfaces which work as bundle interfaces for 10G interfaces, I am trying to use single interface as seprately but its not working and i am getting ARP of 40 G interface rather then 10G interface. If anyhow have solution to unbundle it i try below mentioned but it did'nt work.

modify interface 1.0 bundle disabled

• Just to update in i5800 by default security policies were enabled i remove the filter option from network so no ACL should be required, and it works. Thanks everyone

2 Replies

• when you looked at the logs after that command, did you see the restart of the bcm56xxd daemon?

This article mentions two methods, you can check if the GUI method perhaps works better.

https://techdocs.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip_ltm/manuals/product/pg-10200v/2.html#c_reuse_40gbe_interface_about

Do keep in mind you need one of those 40g to 10g breakout cables, it isn't only setting the setting.

• Just to update in i5800 by default security policies were enabled i remove the filter option from network so no ACL should be required, and it works. Thanks everyone