Forum Discussion

justsystems_247
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 31, 2016

F5 show running config diff cli or gui V11

we run 2 BIG IP LTM in active standby.

there are a multiple engineers in the team who work on the active unit on a daily basis... changes are manually synced to the standby.

is there an easy way for running config diffs based on recent changes or say the standby unit's config ?

quite often we will log into the active unit and it will be out of sync (indicating changes have been made to the running config) we need a way to display these changes before syncing to the standby unit...

4 Replies

• Hi,

If you. Activate audit logs, you can view changes on the ltm dashboard.

You will see red points on graphs and when clicking on it, a popup display the changes

You can also write a script to compare configuration on both devices.

You can also use Bigiq to make the configuration changes. The rbac system and auditing is even better than on the bigip itself. And not sure, but I think that bigiq allow you to diff configurations of devices

justsystems_247
      Thanks for the suggestion Yann, but not quite detailed enough for us.... the audit logs via the dashboard don't have enough information in fact they pretty much just give you a time and thats it. Yes I guess a script is going to be the option for the moment, was hoping it would be available in the software. I will check into the BigIQ - thanks
  • Hi,

If you. Activate audit logs, you can view changes on the ltm dashboard.

You will see red points on graphs and when clicking on it, a popup display the changes

You can also write a script to compare configuration on both devices.

You can also use Bigiq to make the configuration changes. The rbac system and auditing is even better than on the bigip itself. And not sure, but I think that bigiq allow you to diff configurations of devices

justsystems_247
      Thanks for the suggestion Yann, but not quite detailed enough for us.... the audit logs via the dashboard don't have enough information in fact they pretty much just give you a time and thats it. Yes I guess a script is going to be the option for the moment, was hoping it would be available in the software. I will check into the BigIQ - thanks