Forum Discussion

shaggy
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

If you are using a client-ssl profile and HTTP profile on the virtual server, HTTP compression is possible since the F5 is interacting with decrypted HTTP requests. There may not be any errors reported since it is possible to have unencrypted data running across port 443 if the servers/application is configured as such.

• Thanks for replying.

We are using HTTP profile with compression enable and port 8080. How will it affect the https traffic passing through that F5? will F5 just do not compress the traffic and let it pass?

shaggy

Is there currently both encrypted and unencrypted traffic flowing through the same virtual server running on port 8080, or do you have a separate virtual server hosting the associated SSL-encrypted service?

shaggy

if it's the same, then you will have issues with F5 trying to read encrypted data as HTTP, which is enabled by the HTTP profile. What differentiates the encrypted traffic vs. unencrypted?

• That's what I thought initially that F5 will give me an error but its not giving an error. That makes me wonder how the things are actually working?What F5 is actually doing?

So, encrypted vs unencrypted traffic means different websites that are being surfed on the Internet

shaggy
      So your F5 isn't load balancing an application in this scenario? Do you have web proxies behind an F5 virtual server?