Forum Discussion

• Yes I can telnet on port 443 to the URLs.

I opened a case with F5 but they said they can't help me, that this would be a design question and I would need professional services. Rather disappointed in this experience.

Case is 1-1239585158

mikeshimkus_111
    Historic F5 Account

Can you telnet on port 443 using the Lync FQDNs? I'm not sure why you aren't seeing any connections, but we need to get at least that far before we can continue troubleshooting. If you want to open a case with F5 support, they will have you upload your configuration to iHealth. If you post the case number here, I can track it as well.

mikeshimkus_111
      Historic F5 Account
      Also, you can run something like Fiddler or HTTPWatch on the clients while they are trying to connect, and read the response you get.
    mikeshimkus_111
    Historic F5 Account

So you have DNS pointing to the VS address and you can ping it by name, yet when you try to access those URLs from the browser, the VS stats aren't showing any connections?

mikeshimkus_111
    Historic F5 Account

If your reverse proxy virtual server isn't receiving any connections, then you most likely have a layer 2 or 3 problem. Can you ping the VS by IP address externally?

• Thanks for your fast reply.

When testing dialin, meet, or lyncweb, there is no connection externally to anything.

I chose "Forward Reverse Proxy Traffic to Lync Servers" and "Pool Members Have a Route to Clients Through the Big IP System"

mikeshimkus_111
    Historic F5 Account

Hi, can you give us some more information about what's not working?

Is the reverse proxy virtual server listening on the external VLAN(s)? When you try to connect to your meeting and dialin URLs, do you see connections in the VS and pool member statistics, or no connections to either the VS or pool members?

Which of the 3 scenarios did you select for the reverse proxy iApp deployment?

thanks