Forum Discussion

eneR
Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
Jul 04, 2019

BIG-IQ Import Conflict Resolution

Hello guys,

while adding devices to BIG-IQ and import the LTM Services BIG-IQ sometimes pop up window to resolve import conflicts.

I have the choice between Shared Objects where i can mark "BIG-IQ" or "BIG-IP" and the other choice is "Device Specific Objects".

But what does that mean in detail? There is also always the following message but i can't find "Create Version" in the poped up gui.

Confirm Import Conflict Resolution

If BIG-IP is selected, BIG-IQ replaces any shared objects with the objects from the BIG-IP device it's importing.

If BIG-IQ is selected, BIG-IQ keeps its shared objects and ignores the objects on the BIG-IP device it's importing.

If Create Version is selected, BIG-IQ creates an instance of the object that is specific to the software version the BIG-IP device is running.

• Hi eneR,

Please see the "Importing service configurations" section of the following manual chapter for more information. I think that section should explain the differences. If you have any questions let me know and I can try to clarify those for you.

Understanding Core Features of BIG-IQ Centralized Management

https://techdocs.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-iq-centralized-mgmt/manuals/product/big-iq-centralized-management-core-concepts-6-1-0/01.html

-Nathan F

eneR
    Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus

Thx Nathan! Would have been a good idea to check this first.. haha.