Forum Discussion

Sonador_28_1978
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Aug 23, 2024

Backup and synchronization - In case of a file created in bash

Hi,

Well, for one time, I think I will ask something basic. I just have a doubt about it.

-When we work from the GUI, all save/sync are automatic, on a cluster F5. That's ok.

-When we work in tmsh, we need to make a "tmsh save" to save what we did. Then the synchro copy the change to the second node. Ok.

But... What if I create a file (in my case, a ssh key file) in bash ? If I create my file, of course, it will be saved (of course). But the F5 will synchronize it automatically to the second node ? I mean : it is not a configuration. So, how it works, in that case. I am in "manual with incremental sync", by the way (I suppose that too enter in consideration).

Sorry, I must be very basic, as question. But the cluster has a role and a configuration a little bit apart. I do not want to make any mess on it, so I prefer ask stupid questions than to take any risk on it.

Best regards,

Christian

• You can use sync command in tmsh to sync configuration to secondary or sync group

run /cm config-sync <sync_direction> <sync_group>

But why you need to sync backup file or created file to secondary, it will not sync

Please find the details it will not sync.

Local Traffic Manager (LTM) Logs: Logs are local to each device and are not synchronized.

Local Files: Files that are specific to a device, like custom scripts or logs, are not synced.

System Settings: Certain system-specific settings, such as device-specific licenses or certain system-level configurations, are not part of the sync.

External Configuration Files: Files or settings stored outside the F5 system, such as external databases or external scripts, are not synchronized.

Session States: Current session data or live traffic states are not synced, as these are dynamically created and managed.

Adding more information https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K21259300

• Hi,

Sorry, I didn't see you answered me. Ok, noted. :). That match what I found, meanwhile. Thanks!

Best regards

Christian

Aswin_mk
      Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus

Thanks for your reply. Please let me know if it's worked or not